How do I ask a good question?

If you were redirected here, your post did not meet quality standards. Please review this page and edit or create a new topic according to the guidelines.

Asking good questions is important in this community. It will improve your chances of getting an answer from the OpenZeppelin team or community members, and of finding out how to solve your problem.

Users are expected to put in a minimum level of effort. Topics will be closed unanswered if moderators consider that this was not the case. Repeated failure to meet quality standards may result in the user being banned.

Before posting, extensively search the internet and the forum for relevant posts. If none of the existing posts answers your question, create your own according the guidelines below.

We generally follow the guidelines of the Stack Overflow community, as summarized in Why do I see a message that my question does not meet quality standards?:

Check to make sure that your question has the following:

• A clear title.
  • A reasonable explanation of what your question is. Add as much detail as you can.
  • Any background research you've tried but wasn't enough to solve your problem.
  • Correct use of English spelling and grammar to the best of your ability.

If you will be posting code, make sure it is formatted as code by surrounding it with triple backticks.

```
code here
```

For more detail and tips consult the following resources:

2 Likes