Why do I need Keep3r for my Dapp if I already have Defender?

I mean, why do I need Keep3r for my Dapp if I already have Defender? I still can’t understand. Isn’t it just an over complication? Please explain somebody.
Like, what’s the point? Maybe to profit from buying low and paying high? Is that this whole Keep3r about? I would call it “pseudo use-case”. Is that a good way to express it in English?
Well, I should let it be, I guess. It’s a good successful project

This is a great question! Here's the way I see it: both Keep3rs and Defender Autotasks+Relayers can solve the same problem for your dapp, which is scheduled job execution. Keep3rs solves it in a decentralized way, where incentivized network participants will compete to execute your jobs, whereas Defender solves it in a centralized way, where the hosted service will take care of executing what you requested. Both are valid approaches, and have their pros and cons in terms of availability, cost, and flexibility.

A separate point which may cause confusion is that Defender can also be used by the Keep3rs, not just the dapp developers. In this case, Defender acts as a centralized infrastructure provider to power the participants of a decentralized network that ultimately serve your dapp.

3 Likes

I see, thanks for sorting out my skepticism about popular DeFi tokens. Normally DeFi is more centralized than CeFi :+1: :+1: :+1:, but Keep3r’ is actually decentralized, that’s progress.

1 Like