Help me to understand liquidity in new contracts

Hi @ProsteLubo welcome to Open Zeppelin!

How to prevent whales in early stage of a token?

Anti-whale mechanisms can be implemented with Max Transfer functionality and Max Ownership functionality. You can also punish the whales by increasing taxes on their transfers.

Be cautious. It's alright to try and put limiters on whales, but if you try to overtly punish whales, they have enough money to attack you even at the cost of their money. My point is that it's okay to be anti-whale, but if you piss them off they can harm your token.

Why do people make “initial burns”?

The sad reality is that most people make initial burns because they are just copying what other people are doing. Just take a look at the state of this forum. Half the topics are people "forking" SafeMoon code aka just copy and pasting to make a pump and dump token. : ( And that's the truth about it. There is no "reason" behind what they are doing. They just want to make something for a quick cash grab without understanding it.

The reason why innovators want to do initial burns is because they are doing tokenomic schemes to advertise their tokens. It's purely for marketing. It is the same as making a lower initial supply (assuming no other tokenomic mechanisms are in place like RFI).

But to someone who isn't aware, they see "SUPPLY CUT IN HALF BLACK HOLED!!!!" this is a great marketing tactic to make them buy into the token. But for people who understand these things, it's a red flag.

How to make rug-proof successful launch of a token?

Make sure that the team never has access to the LP. It's okay to give the team a cut of the profits, but at no point in time should they have access to public liquidity or a way to access the supply of tokens directly. No minting, no burning, etc.

Renouncing ownership is a bad idea. You should build code that can operate with administration, but without access to LP or malicious functions. You can also use a gnosis safe with a timelock.

If you are new, then please follow the tutorial at

Then follow some learning resources.

If you learn this stuff you can answer your own questions for example - "How much of BNBs and tokens should be in a LP?" I can't answer because it is dependent upon your own project.

2 Likes