Gnosis Safe transactions stuck

I created a multi-sig transaction a while back, and didn't approve it. Until recently, I was trying to send another multi-sig transaction, but after approving it, I got an error message saying 'This proposal cannot be executed right now because there are older pending transactions in the Gnosis Safe'.

Then I went back to approve the previous transaction, but it shows me the same error message again. It seems both of the transactions are complete stuck. Can some shed some light to tell me how I can go from here. Thanks!

For the record to the wider forum audience, we're investigating this issue in private with @Big_Daddy as it involves inspecting their proposal data. Once we find out what's going we'll post any generally useful insights here.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue and would appreciate your advice on how to unstuck the Gnosis safe.
Thank you.

Hi @denyo1986, happy to help where we can. Can you share your proposal id so we investigate the issue? (It's the last part of the URL when you navigate to the proposal, a uuid).

Hi Martin,

thanks a lot for getting back to me. I was able to solve it with the information from another thread in this forum. I had to go to Gnosis Safe website and deal with the stuck transaction there.

As an idea for improvement I would recommend to adjust the error message in the Defender UI to say something like "cannot execute this proposal because an older transaction needs approval first. Please visit gnosis-safe.io and try to solve the issue there since we do not support this functionality yet".

1 Like

Glad you solved it, and agreed that needs some love. For now we'll enhance it to provide a direct link to the Gnosis Safe UI in this cases (we've been wanting to streamline resolution of this issue directly from Defender's UI but it will take us a little longer to get to that feature).

1 Like