Crypto Trends 21 September 2020

Crypto Trends

A summary of the crypto trends for the week.

Uniswap governance token

Huge kudos for Uniswap for the wide distribution of their governance token, including every Uniswap user in the airdrop. Community is a moat!

I assume that everyone has been looking for keys for addresses that they used to interact with Uniswap.

This raised two important items:

• Depending on your jurisdiction, an airdrop could be a taxable event and treated as income, as well as capital gains if you sell, so you may want to check with your tax advisor.
  • Don’t commit secrets to version control (such as mnemonics), as bots are crawling public GitHub repositories and sweeping funds.

Disclosure: I claimed 400 UNI so far

Unilogin out of gas

I first came across Universal logins from the video of Alex’s presentation at Web3 UX Unconf (This recording cuts out before the end unfortunately).

Uni(versal)login + a Proof of Authority sidechain (secured with reputation of authorities) for a long time felt like the best way to abstract the blockchain for users and to pragmatically scale.

The ecosystem still needs to abstract the blockchain for most users, especially with Layer 2 coming soon.

ETH2 Spadina testnet

The Launchpad portal is going live this week for the Spadina testnet, with genesis targeted at 29th September.

We are getting close to the launch of the beacon chain, with penalties and slashing amounts being reduced to reduce the risk of being an early validator.

Also worth reading whether ETH2 governance belongs in EIPs.

For detailed news see: Week in Ethereum News, EthHub, The daily GWEI and What’s New in Eth2

*Archive: Crypto Trends

Audits

From the archives:

Please contact the team when you are ready to request an audit!

Post Mortems

Events

Jobs

OpenZeppelin are hiring:

Security Researcher - analyze the security of smart contracts and decentralized applications and write detailed, engaging reports on the vulnerabilities. Conduct open-ended research around cutting edge blockchain technologies.

Security Platform Developer - a fullstack developer building and launching a new SaaS product focused on operational security for smart contract systems. No Ethereum experience required.

Open Source Developer - a Solidity developer working on our open source tools and libraries, including OpenZeppelin Contracts.

1 Like