What is the status of Solidity v0.7 support for upgradeable OpenZeppelin Contracts?

I read this post:

which mention that the name of this package was confusing and that going forward the package would be @openzeppelin/contracts-upgrade-safe but this does not appear to exist yet.

So what is the current status of the OZ contracts for upgradeable projects on solidity 0.7?

1 Like

Hi @mcplums, we’re finishing up @openzeppelin/contracts-upgrade-safe and it will be released in the next 2 days. It will mirror @openzeppelin/contracts so will support 0.6 only at first.

It would not be hard for us to release an 0.7 version as well, though it is not an immediate priority for us. I’m interested to know more about your situation. Are you already using 0.7 and are wishing to introduce upgradeability? Are you using 0.6 and wish to upgade to 0.7?

2 Likes

Thanks for reply.

My situation is that I am using 0.5 and wishing to upgrade to 0.7 :slight_smile:

I think what I will do is simply upgrade to 0.6!

2 Likes

Hi @mcplums,

Just in case you weren't aware:

:warning: Storage layout changes means that contracts can’t be upgraded from 2.5 to 3.0.

_From: https://forum.openzeppelin.com/t/openzeppelin-contracts-ethereum-package-v3-0/2852_

This means if you have an upgradeable contract deployed you won't be able to change your implementation contract from using OpenZeppelin Contracts Ethereum Package 2.5 (Solidity 0.5) to Contracts Ethereum Package 3.0 (Solidity 0.6) as the storage layout has changed.

@mcplums In case you haven't seen it, we released the new @openzeppelin/contracts-upgradeable package today. (We ended up discarding upgrade-safe for the name.)

1 Like

Hi @mcplums,

There is now a Solidity 0.7 version of OpenZeppelin Contracts Upgradeable: