What happens in the Shadows

Through a lot of tests on my own and developing contracts for others, usually for IDO's (do with them what you will, I develop contracts, not dictate how or for what purpose you use them), I have been toying with new ways of hiding in plain sight.

I'm simply curious if anyone would like to see the progress being made on this project / road I've been going down.

I'm currently in a new testing phase.
Most of my ideas come to me when I'm not at my desk. Usually watching a a movie, or out on a walk in the moonlight on top of the mountain...

I was on DexScreener, and a client asked me to develop a new way of adding security to liquidity investor funds, within a contract, because the whole reason they got into making coins in the first place was to make money on a DEX, but there are a lot of red flags that pop up (as they should) for things like tax, or obfuscated code, or proxy contracts, or whatever...

So the challenge to me was create a way of writing the contract so that it sets off absolutely zero red flags, the only general security it should have, should be reentrancyguard, but can you come up with a method that effectively acts like a contract tax, but is not a contract tax, is definitely not called a contract tax or fee, and effectively hides in plain sight...

So I went to work on that, and I think I have come up with a solution, and I'm starting to test it today, and I'm just curious if people want to hear more as I progress?

Little solution hint, the contract will interact with itself and call functions based on buys and sells of a token, but will have nothing to do with the buyer or seller, just have internal functions it runs and bases some of it's data on buyer or seller transaction data... Anyone want to crack a guess at what I'm doing?

Happy to share and happy to encourage this developer community to keep thinking outside the box with me. Also, if people need very specialized contracts written for them, always feel free to reach out :slight_smile:

• Lodrö
  • TG: lodromo

Test #1 complete...
1 Function needs rewriting, but this was a general test, everything was manual, just to see if the theory of protecting funds and not being discovered as a fee would work, and it was surprisingly effective...

Test #2 will involve simply correcting the function error.

Test #3 will involve the initial automation of functions, and testing to make sure they run when they are supposed to.

• Provided that works, that may be all that is necessary, and a mainnet test may be in order... Hoorah!

I may push into a Test #4 that attempts to keep all functionality, but renounces ownership to really cause a stir in the system.

Oov, this was fun (not)... I wanted to implement a much more custom function somewhere, and so I re-wrote the entire ERC20.sol standard contract... We'll see if this works on the swaps/exchanges... this will be fascinating, and crack some insight into contract development for sure... Or it will tell me it was a terrible idea and a waste of time, but that's the job sometimes. lol