Transaction hash is undefined

This is the error that I’m now getting, not sure what exactly is causing the problem but it is different than the issue described in the OP so perhaps another thread is needed?

9) Contract: ViaCashUpgradesPluginIntegrationTest
       should not fail:
     Error: Transaction hash is undefined
      at Object.deploy (node_modules/@openzeppelin/truffle-upgrades/src/utils/deploy.ts:8:11)
      at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
      at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
      at /media/solidity/DATA/Code/via-issuer/node_modules/@openzeppelin/truffle-upgrades/src/deploy-proxy.ts:52:24
      at Object.resumeOrDeploy (node_modules/@openzeppelin/upgrades-core/src/deployment.ts:41:22)
      at /media/solidity/DATA/Code/via-issuer/node_modules/@openzeppelin/upgrades-core/src/impl-store.ts:33:23
      at Manifest.lockedRun (node_modules/@openzeppelin/upgrades-core/src/manifest.ts:90:14)
      at fetchOrDeployGeneric (node_modules/@openzeppelin/upgrades-core/src/impl-store.ts:25:24)
      at deployProxy (node_modules/@openzeppelin/truffle-upgrades/src/deploy-proxy.ts:51:16)
      at Context.<anonymous> (test/ViaCash.js:660:29)

1 Like

I was not able to reproduce this issue.

I can’t run the tests in your repository. Can you try to put together a minimal self contained example that triggers this issue?

I will also ask you to place the following right before the call to deployProxy that fails, and let me know if it prints anything.

const cash = await Cash.new();
    console.log(cash.transactionHash);
1 Like

Hi @bonedaddy,

Are you still getting this issue?

Can you put together a minimal self contained example that triggers the issue?

Transaction hash is undefined

I ran into this issue and Google brought me here.

Unsure what is the minimal repro case.

Series of migrations, corporate work, cannot share anythig confidential, would be some work to rearrange the variable names.

Then truffle migrate --network rinkeby in two stages - seems to be workign now?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi @marsxr,

Sorry you ran into this issue. Though glad that search brought you here and that it seems to be working now.

What operating system, version of Truffle (looks like you have it installed globally), version of Upgrades Plugins and node and npm are you using? As it would be great to reproduce if possible.

Another good call!

I’m not using the latest, that could be an issue.

Using the latest is always a good suggestion, thanks for the hint!

1 Like