Help renouncing ownership, no function in write

Hi I bought a BSC smart contract from cointool.app and there seems to be no renounce ownership function, cointool are ghosting me so I can’t get any reply out of them. It does have a transfer ownership though, can I simply transfer ownership to a dead address?

Here is the contract 0x5cbb3a07c3ad5a1f3655942bc3c9f50a4695a035

Additional info, someone has just told me that contracts can’t be renounced until the token is launched, I’m not sure I follow that exactly.

I was hoping that I can transfer ownership to 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dEaD

Cointool.app have finally sign an agreement for me to send to BScscan so I should get ownership to change the logo soon!

Hey! I have the same issue as you, I can’t sign a message in the contract to shown I own it. How did you get CoinTool to do it? Have you successfully renounced your contract?

ownership already renounced

To change logo you need a domain, website, a good project for the token and en email with same domain of the website

Hi Nicholas

Im just about to build my BSC token on coin tool do you have any tips on create owner and renouncing ownership.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Freezy

Im just about to build my BSC token on coin tool do you have any tips on create owner and renouncing ownership.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Carebuds420

Many thanks in advance

hey @tinman I suggest to first learn Solidity and try to make your own token without Cointool. Just a personal opinion, but I saw too many bugs with Cointool contracts.
To answer your question I highly recommend this: