Give away ERC20

Hi guys,

we are looking into OpenZeppelin for our token launch. I understand the ways of a presele etc. However, we would like to offer our fans a giveaway, without the need of buying our coin, i.e. free handout.

What’s the best practice in this case, considering we want to save as much money (gas etc.) while distributing them for free?

:computer: Environment

:memo:Details

:1234: Code to reproduce

Hi, welcome! :wave:

I am not sure, but do you mean the airdrop? I think either you transfer token to users directly, or let users to claim token.

2 Likes

Hi Skyge, thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Yes an airdrop or batch transfer sounds right. How would we go about users claiming the token besides pool options? Really looking for anything that is as cost effective for us as possible.

Hi @northwestpass,

Welcome to the community :wave:

As @Skyge suggested you have two options, airdrop or claim.
I suggest looking at how Uniswap allowed qualifying community members to claim UNI.

When creating a token I suggest reading: Points to consider when creating a fungible token (ERC20, ERC777)

1 Like

I think you should just leave a free contract address and let people claim it

1 Like

Guys, I just wanted to thank you all for your input. We decided to go with BEP20 instead because of lower gas fees. Not my fist choice, but our budget is like mars’ atmosphere… :slight_smile: thanks again!

1 Like