Extraordinarily high gas fee to withdraw from ETH contract, please advise

Hello OpenZeppelin experts,

My contract was just verified on etherscan: 0xbcaf5a119db1ea474f4ca0a24300765035ab8fef

Contributors here were very helpful, but alas I have run into another hitch; the suggested gas in nearly 50% of the withdraw price.

See Metamask: https://i.imgur.com/HWxHux4.png

Is this typical and correct that it takes nearly 50% of withdraw-able funds to pay for it? Seems wrong.

Should I build a withdraw function within a DAPP that will allow me to set the .send{} and suggest the gas fees for much lower. Will that work?

Any advice is welcome.

• Lisa

Normally extremely high gas is an indicator that the transaction will fail. Alternatively, it could potentially be because when you tried to make this transaction, the network was hogged so the base fee is really high.

Can you try again (without confirming the tx) and let us know the gas price suggested by metamask?

Should I build a withdraw function within a DAPP that will allow me to set the .send{} and suggest the gas fees for much lower. Will that work?

You can yes but your transaction might not be mined if it's below the base gas fee.