Demo of Enervator project

I’ve just put online a couple of demos for showcasing Enervator on the Rinkeby Test Network - details as to how to run them are available on Enervator’s GitHub Repo.

Meanwhile, here’s a sneak preview:

3 Likes

Hi @glowkeeper,

Thanks for sharing. I moved to a separate topic.

How do I access the following sites?

1. Eneradmin
  2. Enerchanger

Hi @abcoathup,

Eek! Now I'm concerned that the instructions I've put on the Enervator repo aren't prominent or clear enough :worried: I'll repeat them here - I'm interested in how you get on...

Demo Dependencies

To use Eneradmin and Enerchanger, you will need to be running Firefox with the Dat P2P Protocol and MetaMask extensions installed. MetaMask should be pointing at the Rinkeby Test Network, and you will need a few test Ether in your MetaMask wallet - you can get those from the Rinkeby Faucet.

For MetaMask to see any Enervator tokens you buy, you will need to add the token contract address to your MetaMask account. To do so, within MetaMask, go to your account's menu, click on Add Token , then specify the custom address 0x5483b2996bba07330e188fe10bb101d4c1ac8530 - if you've done that correctly, MetaMask will automagically find the token's symbol and precision.

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

I missed that and jumped straight to clicking the links. :grimacing:

I missed that and jumped straight to clicking the links. :grimacing:

Ah - but I'm sure you won't be the only one - any tips as to how to make those instructions more prominent would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know how you get on...

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

I would put a note just above the application links to say that you need the demo dependencies installed (see instructions below).

I am running on Windows and got as far as installing Firefox and the Firefox dat extension but then got Windows warning messages when I looked to install the https://github.com/sammacbeth/dat-fox-helper and didn’t have time to read up to see how comfortable I was installing this.

Ah, that's a shame. I want to support dat://, 'cause it's super cool and much more open than the rather corporate ipfs. But I understand - this is all bleeding-edge software, so there are likely to be one or two risks.

Beaker integrates directly with dat://, but has no MetaMask equivalent :frowning: I'm going to log an issue with Beaker, and see if I can push for MetaMask integration...

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

Thanks. Let me know if there is an easy option as would like to give it a try.

The easy option is the Firefox+dat I mentioned.

And I suppose I should’ve mentioned that I’ve been running the Dat p2p protocol extension, with that dat-fox-helper for about 18 months. It’s fine! In fact, it’s super cool! :wink: But I understand your caution…

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

I just need to read up on it before installing :smile:

1 Like

Apparently, the bleeding edge Windoze and MAC latest releases of Cliqz come bundled with a version of Firefox that has dat webext baked in (unfortunately, I’m running Linux, so I can’t confirm). You’ll still need to add MetaMask, though. Perhaps that’s an option?

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

Thanks. I installed Cliqz and MetaMask (Firefox plugin) and visited dat://795f83fa1356cd7d00e5cfe8f1a93f32c55127684c6fc4cb8ff89a32e000016b/deposit

Though I get an error when I try to deposit:

Transaction Details

Transaction Summary : Submission Failed!

Is MetaMask pointing at Rinkeby and do you have some Rinkeby Ether in your wallet?

1 Like

MetaMask was on Rinkeby and I had Rinkeby ETH.

Boo. Could you open the web developer console and tell me if it shows you an error?

Thanks so much for doing this @abcoathup! I’m sorry you’re having problems…

1 Like

MetaMask was on Rinkeby and I had Rinkeby ETH.

I've just deposited and bought EOR from three different addresses! Blockchain's are fantastic, 'cause I can prove it, too :wink:

https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/token/0x5483b2996bba07330e188fe10bb101d4c1ac8530

So it seems to work seamlessly here! I wonder what the problem is your end? Thanks, again, @abcoathup...

1 Like

Hi @glowkeeper,

I am on Rinkeby, with Rinkeby Eth, see screenshot below:

The error in the console (sorry I didn't check this earlier):

makeDeposit error Error: "contract not deployed (contractAddress="0x64c2D88F8298Dc4d8Ed95B6c8e12DEbf7d81f431", operation="getDeployed", version=4.0.37)"

Given that the contract is deployed to Rinkeby, assume some issue with this setup?

The Blockchain Data tab shows Ropsten, I don't know if this is intended:

Blockchain Data

Network : ropsten
ChainId : 3
ENS : 0x112234455c3a32fd11230c42e7bccd4a84e02010
Account : 0x90F8bf6A479f320ead074411a4B0e7944Ea8c9C1

The account on MetaMask shows Rinkeby, but the blockchain info tab shows Ropsten. I’m guessing you were on Ropsten, you’ve loaded Enerchanger, then swtiched to Rinkeby without reloading Enerchanger? MetaMask should manage that for you, but I’m guessing it hasn’t, in this case (for whatever reason). Can you reload Enerchanger (CTRL + R on Linux), check that the Blockchain tab on Enerchanger and MetaMask match, then try again?

ps. what currency are you depositing? Once we get you properly matched up with Rinkeby, you’ll only be able to use it to buy EOR if I’ve set up an exchange rate. Here’s the rates I’ve set up so far:

currency : USD
rate : 1
currency : GBP
rate : 0.82
currency : INR
rate : 71.15
currency : EUR
rate : 0.91
currency : AUD
rate : 1.48
currency : CAD
rate : 1.33