Accidentally deleted my account!

Please help!

While overtired and probably not reading warnings properly I think I managed to delete my Defender account!

I was trying to delete one of my unused Defender Relay wallets so that I could free up some space for a new one and I think I might have inadvertently deleted all of them!

Is there any way to recover it? I'm hoping that you have a failsafe somewhere so I can recover access. Those wallets have a lot of value and I'm going to be in a lot of trouble if they're lost forever :tired_face:

Here's one of the account IDs if that helps: 278d3d93-45cf-4b3a-ae32-63692c019137

Please let me know if I can provide anything else to help.

Thanks so much for reading this!

Hi @Robin_S,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue I'll try my best to help you as much as I can. To clarify, you still have access to your Defender account, but you have accidentally deleted all your relayers? May I ask how you accidentally deleted them? Was it through the Defender UI or using the Defender API? I want to make sure this doesn't happen to any other Defender user in the future if possible.

What is the email associated with the account? I don't see any account with id 278d3d93-45cf-4b3a-ae32-63692c019137 in our system.

Hi @emnul ,

Thanks so much for jumping in to help!

I don't have access to my Defender account. I was logged out immediately after deletion so I'm not 100% sure what happened.

I don't know the status of my relayers, although it seems that I still have access to the API so that's encouraging.

I deleted the account through the Defender UI.

My account is robin, followed by an @ sign and then, niftymusic.app (sorry, trying to avoid getting hit with bots).

Thanks!

Are there any other users / collaborators on that account with Admin privledges?

Nope, just me.

Btw, I think 278d3d93-45cf-4b3a-ae32-63692c019137 is the relayer ID, not the user ID.

If the user account got deleted but the relayers are still there, can I re-assign the relayers to a new account if I create one? I can do any KYC to prove I'm the owner etc.

@emnul - were you able to find my deactivated account in the OZ system? Any help would be much appreciated :pray:

Hi @Robin_S we're having an internal discussion to determine if it's possible to recover the deleted resources, but at this time we haven't found any way to recover them unfortunately.

OK, thanks @emnul - anything you can do to get me access to those wallets would be much appreciated. If it's not possible to recover the main account, might it be possible to reassign those wallets to a new account?

Hi @Robin_S when an account is deleted all resources including relayers and their stored private keys are also deleted from our system. Unfortunately, there's no way to recover the wallet managed by the relayer

Hi @Robin_S it looks like we may a solution to help you recover those funds after all. Could you please create another Defender account and send an email to defender-support@openzeppelin.com with the tenantId of the new account from the email you mentioned above?

Oh wow, thanks so much @emnul !! You're a lifesaver! I'll send the email now.

Hi @emnul - did you get my email? Thanks