I have an openzeppelin transparent proxy contract deployed on moonbase alpha. The addresses are:
I was able to verify the implementation contract using the hardhat-etherscan plugin but not able to verify the PROXY contract with
npx hardhat verify [proxyaddress]. I think the issue comes from the fact that the openzeppelin TransparentUpgradeableProxy is a common contract on say ethereum testnets so its already been previously verified as a similar contract whereas i dont think anyone has taken the time yet to verify this contract on moonbase alpha? How can I get this verified myself?
FYI the error i receive is the following:
Error in plugin @nomiclabs/hardhat-etherscan: The address provided as argument contains a contract, but its bytecode doesn't match any of your local contracts.
Possible causes are:
- Contract code changed after the deployment was executed. This includes code for seemingly unrelated contracts.
- A solidity file was added, moved, deleted or renamed after the deployment was executed. This includes files for seemingly unrelated contracts.
- Solidity compiler settings were modified after the deployment was executed (like the optimizer, target EVM, etc.).
- The given address is wrong.
- The selected network (moonbase) is wrong.