MissingRequiredParameter: Missing required key 'FunctionName' in params

I am experiencing an issue in which a contract call ends up returning an AWS lambda related Error.

Autotask ID: 27766ed2-4997-42b7-bfd5-43dfe20acb2c
Line which throws ERROR

I have checked that:

A) contract.bountyType(string) is indeed a method on the OpenQABI
B) issueId is defined and a normal string
C) the address for OpenQ used to create that contract is indeed defined and a valid address.

Any idea what the deeper meaning of this error is?

Full Error log:

2022-10-05T21:34:04.892Z	ERROR	MissingRequiredParameter: Missing required key 'FunctionName' in params
    at ParamValidator.fail (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:50:37)
    at ParamValidator.validateStructure (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:62:14)
    at ParamValidator.validateMember (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:89:21)
    at ParamValidator.validate (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:34:10)
    at Request.VALIDATE_PARAMETERS (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/event_listeners.js:132:42)
    at Request.callListeners (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:106:20)
    at callNextListener (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:96:12)
    at /var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/event_listeners.js:86:9
    at finish (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/config.js:396:7)
    at getStaticCredentials (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/config.js:423:7) {
  code: 'MissingRequiredParameter',
  time: 2022-10-05T21:34:04.877Z
}

Hey @flaco_jones,

Thanks for reporting. Can you share the Autotask ID so I can take a look at our logs? Indeed everything looks fine but I'd like to get more details about the lambda error so I can point you in the right direction.

Also, if you have a screenshot of the error you're getting, that'd be helpful.

Thanks for quick response! I edited the original body to add all of that

Hey @flaco_jones,

I tried to filter your error on our logs and I had several matches. Looks like it's a thing that's been out there for a while but hadn't caused any issue before.

We'll take some time to diagnose this until we find its source. We'll keep you updated, but if you have any more information (like the hour it started, and if there's a pattern you can recognize), please let us know too.

Best!

1 Like

Sounds good! Keep me in the loop as this is a bit of a prod blocker for us.

And I launched the Autotask only today, so perhaps its some diff in how Autotasks are spun up?

Our autotasks that we’re launched a while back are still working with that same code.

Hi @flaco_jones

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Could you please verify that the new Autotask is connected to desired Relayer?
This can be done when creating or editing Autotasks and it is visible in the Autotask details page.

Error you are experiencing right now are happening in most cases when defender-relay-client library is used but Autotask is not connected with Relayer.

Best,
Zeljko

That was it! Relayer was NOT connected, connected it, and it's fixed!

Thank you very much, love using ya'll!

1 Like