Issue with Cloning: Wrong Contract Ends Up Being Cloned

Howdy,

I'm running into an issue while trying to set up a Clone Factory to make clones of a contract based on ERC721. I'm using Remix.

The issue is that instead of it cloning the ERC721 it clones the Clone Factory.

Here's the contract that I want to clone:

pragma solidity ^0.8.0;

import "@openzeppelin/contracts-upgradeable/token/ERC721/ERC721Upgradeable.sol";

contract NFT is ERC721Upgradeable {

function initialize(string calldata _name, string calldata _symbol) external {
        __ERC721_init(_name, _symbol);
    }

}

And here is the factory:

pragma solidity ^0.8.0;

import "./NFT.sol";
import "@openzeppelin/contracts/proxy/Clones.sol";

contract NFTCloneFactory {

address immutable implementation;

constructor() {
        implementation = address(new NFT());
    }

function createClone(string calldata _name, string calldata _symbol) external returns (address) {
        address clone = Clones.clone(implementation);
        NFT(clone).initialize(_name, _symbol);
        return clone;
    }

}

When I get the new clone address from the return of the createClone function it ends up being a clone of the Factory contract and not the ERC721.

If anyone has any ideas or tips, I would greatly appreciate it! Perhaps I'm missing something super obvious!

Thank you.

Update - this ended up not being a code issue. Code works fine. However, I was using the "Load contract from Address" on Remix incorrectly. It basically was an ABI issue. Long story short, you need to select the matching contract in the "Contracts" section even though you're not loading from file. It uses the ABI from file for the contract you are loading "from address".