Is there a global gasPrice parameter?

Hi there,just wondering if there is a global minimum gasPrice parameter on BSC or BSC Testnet. The most recent gasPrice I got on BSC testnet is 10 GWei. I tried to manually set it as 1 GWei and got a “transaction underpriced” error. Is there any way of knowing the minimum gasPrice prior to the actual transaction happening?

Hey! In all EVM networks (BSC included), there is a gasPrice function you can call that will return an estimate of the gas price you can use for getting your transaction mined. See https://eth.wiki/json-rpc/API#eth_gasprice. Both web3js and ethers.js have functions to call into this method.

1 Like

Hi @spalladino , I was able to retrieve gasPrice using the code given above in the hardhat console, however, the returned value is for Ethereum network when I specified the network to be bsctestnet . Wondering how I can get gasPrice for bsctestnet instead of ethereum.

I could tell it’s the number from Ethereum, because await provider.getBlockNumber(); returns a number close to 12604172 which is the block height of Ethereum mainnet.

var providers = ethers.providers;
var provider = providers.getDefaultProvider();
provider.getGasPrice().then(function(gasPrice) {
    gasPriceString = gasPrice.toString();
    console.log("Current gas price: " + gasPriceString);
});

If you’re using hardhat, make sure you’ve registered a connection to bsctestnet in your hardhat config file, and then start the console as hardhat console --network bsctestnet.

Hi @spalladino , just checked with Hardhat team, the trick is "use the provider injected by hardhat, that is under hre.ethers.provider . That one is going to be connected to the network you selected with --network". Cheers!

1 Like