Internal Compiler error when adding PullPayment.sol into truffle project

Good day OpenZeppelin Community,

I am creating a simple proposal project for my Consensys bootcamp, and I want to make use of the PullPayment.sol Contract. I came to a halt in my development because I keep getting the compiler error about a compiled contract not found. I am assuming this is the PullPayment.sol contract, because when I remove it, it seems to be compiling fine.

command truffle compile --all

Node v13.6.0
Truffle v5.1.8
solc 0.5.16+commit.9c3226ce.Darwin.appleclang
macOS 10.15.3

Do you know what I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @josephnicholas,

Thanks for posting in the forum :wave:
I hope Consensys Bootcamp is going well.

I found the following reported issue for solc, though suggestion was to try using the compiler directly:

Are you able to share a GitHub repository with the contracts in?
Though I use Windows Subsystem for Linux, and you said it is only occurring on your Mac.

You could try compiling the contracts using OpenZeppelin CLI to see if you get the same issue: https://docs.openzeppelin.com/cli/2.6/getting-started

The following will install OpenZeppelin CLI locally in your project, then initialize and compile the contracts.

npm install @openzeppelin/cli
npx oz init
npx oz compile

I currently use Node v10.18.1. You could also try changing your node version. I use nvm to manage my node versions.

1 Like

@abcoathup Thank you for your response.

I downgraded my NodeJS version to 11 and that actually did the trick. Maybe it was something with Node after all.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @josephnicholas,

The ecosystem has had issues with node versions in the past (there were issues using node 12 previously). Sounds like there might be an issue with node 13.

Glad to hear that you are up and running.

Please feel free to ask all the questions that you need.

Also, it would be great to hear about your experience doing the Consensys Bootcamp: Smart Contract bootcamps/courses

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Contract examples of Pausable