How to have a user proxy implementation mapping?

Hi Guys,
I was trying to implement a proxy factory was referring this https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-sdk/blob/master/packages/lib/contracts/upgradeability/ProxyFactory.sol my question i want to have a 1:1 mapping with a user and the proxy implemenation basically 1 implementation for every new user so is there a method to track that when an existing user comes after some time on the platform other than local storage?

1 Like

Hi @viraj124,

If I understand correctly you want one proxy per user (address) and you want to track this.

You can add tracking to your factory contract that inherits from ProxyFactory, such as having a mapping that maps user (addresses) to proxy contracts.

@msolomon4 was doing something along these lines: Issues initializing EIP-1167 minimal proxies deployed with factory contract

Let me know if I have missed something in your question or if you have more questions.

1 Like

so basically you are saying i need to have a custom mapping in proxy factory since since i am planning to use the proxy factory directly for deployment?

1 Like

Hi @viraj124,

If you want to track onchain what proxies are created, then you will need to create a contract that implements this. (Such as creating a contract that inherits from ProxyFactory or creating a contract that calls ProxyFactory).

If you want to track offchain what proxies are created then you can use the ProxyCreated event.