Gas estimation failed - PaymentSplitter Contract

I am having problems PaymentSplitter.sol. All is compiling well and deployed as expected. But everytime I release(_address) on remix (button), is giving me the following error:

Gas estimation errored with the following message (see below). The transaction execution will likely fail. Do you want to force sending?
Internal JSON-RPC error. { "message": "VM Exception while processing transaction: revert PaymentSplitter: account is not due payment", "code": -32000, "data": { "stack": "c: VM Exception while processing transaction: revert PaymentSplitter: account is not due payment\n at Function.c.fromResults ....

I really don’t know what I am doing wrong… the only code I have included in my file is:

pragma solidity ^0.6.0;

import "https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-contracts/blob/master/contracts/payment/PaymentSplitter.sol";

contract MySplit is PaymentSplitter {
    constructor (address[] memory payees, uint256[] memory shares) 
	PaymentSplitter(payees, shares)
	 public payable{}
}

I keep on getting gas warnings and function loop warnings on remix everytime I import PaymentSplitter.sol and have no idea what they trying to say.

Your help would be highly appreciated… Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Edgar_Papa_Maduna,

Welcome to the community :wave:

I wrote a guide that you can use: Using PaymentSplitter with Remix

:warning: For OpenZeppelin Contracts you should only use code published in an official release, when you import from GitHub you should specify a release tag (see the example in the guide).

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Hi @Edgar_Papa_Maduna,

I wanted to check if you were able to use PaymentSplitter?

A post was split to a new topic: How much gas is required to deploy token or crowdsale?