Fix Cap Token Contract

If I create a token using https://wizard.openzeppelin.com/, how can I make Fix Cap Supply?

Well as you can see you haven't checked the mint function, this means there can't be any new tokens created after the initial supply but you can burn tokens so the max cap is the initial supply in this case.

1 Like

Since I understand your way, I've already made a token and I'm planning to deploy another contract shortly, but before then I want to make sure that I'm doing things correctly. How does etherscan and bscscan show the maximum supply?

Etherscan shows the totalSupply. Also it shows the circulating supply (totalsupply - send to burn address). keep in mind that the burn function removes tokens from totalsupply and is not sending them to the burning address (0x0dead). So after burning tokens with the burn function the total supply will go down. This is no problem but you should keep that in mind. As there is no mint function no additional tokens can be created with sets the max cap to whatever the initial supply is.

1 Like

I will deploy those tokens removing minting function and issuing initial supply as a maximum supply. Thanks @Team_X, I am deploying these tokens for serious projects.

1 Like

No problem! I would help if you can mark my comment as the solution :smile:

1 Like