Examples of completed ERC777 projects?

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is a compiled list of ERC777 tokens, or if anyone has any examples of finished projects that are implementing the ERC777 standard? I’ve done some searches but found a surprising lack of projects using it. Apart from re-entrancy issues, it seems to be far superior to ERC20 which still seems to be the go-to for most new projects. If anyone has any insight into why would be great to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Tranquil-Flow,

Welcome to the community :wave:

I recently started a wiki post on the topic ERC777 vs ERC20 and will add some examples.

1 Like

Hi mate good to be here :slight_smile:

https://medium.com/@AugurProject/augur-core-security-audit-report-cd6b4060ccf3 This could probably also go in that wiki post.

1 Like

It’s a Wiki post so feel free to edit/update.

I renamed the post to How to decide whether to use ERC777 or ERC20 for a fungible token?

I’ve added the audit for Augur V2 to the list (My understanding is that REP will be migrated to a new ERC777 token):

How do you edit a post? I saw that it was a wiki but couldn’t find anywhere to edit it.

1 Like

Hi @Tranquil-Flow,

For Wiki posts there is an Edit button in the bottom right corner that you can press to edit.

I checked and you should have permission to edit a Wiki. Do you want to give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

1 Like

Ah I must have missed that one, I was hitting the button to check history it seems :slight_smile:

1 Like