Command not found after OpenZeppelin CLI installation

BM (@TivoliLocust) reported on Telegram:

I’m trying to install openzeppelin-cli on a variety of machines to see if it works.

Sometimes I get command not found after installation. Any idea why?

Here is some output from npm:

web3@1.2.2 postinstall /home/novapro/node_modules/web3                     > node angular-patch.js
                                                                             npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/novapro/package.json'                                                                   npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.                                                                          npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/novapro/package.json'                                                                      npm WARN @grpc/grpc-js@1.1.1 requires a peer of google-auth-library@5.x || 6.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.        npm WARN novapro No description
npm WARN novapro No repository field.                                        npm WARN novapro No README data
npm WARN novapro No license field.

OP here. I am trying to install openzeppelin cli on various Linux emulators, primarily Termux and Userland. It works on a server but not on the emulators so far. I seem to be getting a lot of “command not found” errors during my recent attempts, yet @openzeppelin is found in the node modules folder so not sure exactly where the problem lies.

1 Like

Update:

I used:

pkg update
npm i -g @openzeppelin/cli instead of npm i @openzeppelin/cli

This seems to work so far with Termux. Will update if I run into more problems.

1 Like

Hi @TivoliLocust,

Welcome to the community forum :wave:

Glad you were able to resolve.