Can't install the OpenZeppelin Starter Kits

Hello,

Pretty overwhelmed with all this dev stuff but i want to try and crack it due to new downtime…

I am trying to install the starter kit as it seems like a good place to start. However i am running into the below problem. I have tried resolving/ looking for similar bafoons that have had the same issue for the last 3 hours but I am very stuck. The issue clearly is in front of the keyboard but if anybody could help that would be grand.

running this on ubunutu
node -v
v13.11.0
npm -v

sudo npm install --global @openzeppelin/cli
npm WARN deprecated truffle-config@1.1.16: WARNING: This package has been renamed to @truffle/config.
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn git
npm ERR! path git
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent Error while executing:
npm ERR! enoent undefined ls-remote -h -t ssh://git@github.com/web3-js/WebSocket-Node.git
npm ERR! enoent
npm ERR! enoent
npm ERR! enoent spawn git ENOENT
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

1 Like

Hi @waving_from_heights,

Welcome to the community :wave:

Glad that you are getting to try Solidity development.
Everyone was new once and not that long ago (What are your top three recommendations for a new developer in the space?)

A great way to track your progress is to keep a record of it. You could do your own version of in the forum: My Coding Journey: Beginner to Pro

From your error, it looks like you don’t have Git installed
https://git-scm.com/download/linux

I would also suggest looking to change your node version. I use node 10 daily and node 12 should work too. Using node 13 you may run into issues with ecosystem support.
You may want to look at using nvm for this to easily change node versions.

Hi @waving_from_heights,

I wanted to check if you were able to resolve?