Can the cost/effort for an audit be included in the audit report?

Is it possible to have a tweet or a forum post from OpenZeppelin team member about the exact cost, to make the community of my project aware? There is a possibility that the audit of my code could be more expensive than I could anticipate.
Like, apparently if it was possible by simply asking, we could see a lot of such public statements. I still would appreciate an answer to this question though.

2 Likes

Hi @Solidity-Snake,

Our quotes and turnaround times vary according to the codebase’s length and complexity.
To request a security audit please provide your projects details including your website, links to your source code, and system documentation: https://openzeppelin.com/request/

1 Like

I see, thanks. My bad, I didn’t word the question properly. Is it possible to have a public statement about the cost of the audit, after the audit was finished?

1 Like

Hi @Solidity-Snake,

An audit report can potentially include the length of time and number of auditors for the audit.

Whilst an audit report is for the developers of a project (rather than for marketing to the community), the amount of time and auditors can assist the community (along with the scope) when reading an audit.

1 Like

Thanks. I believe that pointing out to the length of time and number of auditors could be pretty much enough.

1 Like

Hi @Solidity-Snake,

The following is an example of this:

We reviewed the code with three auditors over the course of four weeks.

1 Like