Best Practices for Smart Contract Development

Software development has been around for decades. We benefit from the best practices, design patterns, and nuggets of wisdom that has accumulated over that long history.

In contrast, smart contract development is just getting started. Ethereum and Solidity were released only a few years ago in 2015. There’s no definitive stack of tools like LAMP or MEAN in web development to build decentralized apps. There are no developer handbooks like Design Patterns or Clean Code for smart contracts. Information is scattered all over the place.

The crypto space is mostly uncharted territory. To address this, I’m writing the missing guide I wish existed. It summarizes the lessons I’ve learned from writing smart contracts, building decentralized applications, and studying open source projects in the Ethereum ecosystem. My hope is it will be useful to developers new to crypto.

You can find it here: https://yos.io/2019/11/10/smart-contract-development-best-practices/

This is a work-in-progress, so if you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to comment or email me directly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @yosriady,

Thank you for writing such an awesome guide for the community, so much detail. :pray:
Welcome to the community :wave:

I came across the guide thanks to Week in Ethereum News

If you have a moment it would be great to introduce yourself or share what you are working on with the community.