Verifying Beacon Proxy on etherscan

I try to verify the beacon proxy on etherscan using hardhat verify method, but it throws error.

Error in plugin @nomiclabs/hardhat-etherscan: The address provided as argument contains a contract, but its bytecode doesn't match any of your local contracts.

Possible causes are:

• Contract code changed after the deployment was executed. This includes code for seemingly unrelated contracts.
  • A solidity file was added, moved, deleted or renamed after the deployment was executed. This includes files for seemingly unrelated contracts.
  • Solidity compiler settings were modified after the deployment was executed (like the optimizer, target EVM, etc.).
  • The given address is wrong.
  • The selected network (rinkeby) is wrong.

But I cannot find any clear documents to verify the beacon proxy.

Just upgradeable proxy can be verified easily through etherscan proxy verification,
but beacon proxy.....,, um.... it's hardly find way;

Somebody help any clear answer? Please.

I read this.

Hi @Jamie_Kim,

See How to verify a contract on Etherscan/BscScan/PolygonScan which describes how to verify a beacon proxy and your implementation contract.

If you are able to verify the implementation contract but not the actual beacon proxy or beacon contracts on the network that you are using, please provide the Etherscan links and we can help verify them.

1 Like