Question regarding 'charity' tokens

Hey guys, so I have a few questions and I hope someone from here could answer them. I’m not sure if this is even the correct place but oh well.

1. So I’ve checked the contracts of a few ‘charity’ tokens out there and how do these work exactly? Like from where they take money to donate? Is it from fees? If it’s from fees, I don’t see any address that those fees are sent in the contract. So how does it work?

2. Let’s say we’ve deployed a contract on BSC. In the holders’ tab, our personal wallet shows we own 100% of that coin. But other coins don’t have anything like that. What do they do to achieve that?

I don’t know which contracts you looked to, but if we take Munch as example, you will see that it takes a % fee at each transactions and add these tokens to its own balance. Once the contract balance reach a fixed amount, it swaps tokens for WETH and send these to charity wallet

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s the part I wanted to know. So it’s all done manually or does it send those tokens to charity wallet automatically? If yes, where do you define the charity wallet’s address in the contract?

1 Like

Yes it is all automatically, and you can choose to set in the code the charity on set it when deploying giving it as parameter in constructor

1 Like

Do people somehow verify that these “charity wallets” are actually charities and not some individual profitting?

2 Likes

Depends. If we look to YUMMY, they make they get BNB in a wallet and then send from there to a charity. If I am not wrong they do this in Live

Other tokens istead send BNB to Binance Charity address but they don’t know that the address is for erc not bsc so the money will be lost

2 Likes