Npm install of contracts-ethereum-package not pulling latest version v2.4

Hi,
Not sure if this is contracts or sdk category and appreciate your indulgence. This may be very simple, but…

I’m trying to configure a new project using Oz CLI and the latest upgradable contracts v2.4.

When I run npm install @openzeppelin/contracts-ethereum-package the contracts installed are not the latest release on github, but a prior version. I can tell this because the ERC721metadata.sol does not contain the new _baseURI functionality.

npx oz --version is v. 2.7.1
oz --version (global) is v 2.6
node --version is 10.16.0

I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts on what I might be missing?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @kev,

Welcome to the community :wave:

The current version of @openzeppelin/contracts-ethereum-package is 2.4, which is the upgradeable equivalent of OpenZeppelin Contracts 2.4

We are working on removing the need for @openzeppelin/contracts-ethereum-package, see the Roadmap for February - March 2020

In the meantime I will see what I can find about a 2.5 release of @openzeppelin/contracts-ethereum-package.

I was thinking that both /contracts and /contracts-ethereum-package had been released in sync - that clears up a lot, thank you @abcoathup.

Glad to see the efforts to reduce down to one contracts install base. That will make a big difference to provisioning a new project box.

1 Like

Hi @kev,

Just having OpenZeppelin Contracts will make life much simpler for the community.

Will post when there is an @openzeppelin/contracts-ethereum-package 2.5 release.

As an FYI: OpenZeppelin CLI 2.8: Release Candidate includes regular (non-upgradeable) deploys.