Hardhat deployment, Binance Smart Chain Invalid deployment with address 0x... and txHash 0x

I am using Hardhat to deploy my smart contracts and i keep seeming to get this error “Invalid deployment with address 0x and txHash 0x”

I am deploying upgradeable contracts on the binance smart chain. Not really sure what to do since when this error occurs my .openzeppelin folder doesn’t update my “unknown-56.json” correctly.

THanks!

1 Like

Hi @Dellybro,

This sounds similar to: deployProxy regularly errors with Invalid deployment when using Infura - #2 by abcoathup

Can you share the output from your deploy and your hardhat.config.js (Please don’t share any secrets such as mnemonics or api keys)?

I tried deploying and upgrading to BSC Testnet and wasn’t able to reproduce your error.

I used: OpenZeppelin Upgrades: Step by Step Tutorial for Hardhat (though I upgraded locally rather than using a multisig), and https://docs.binance.org/smart-chain/developer/deploy/hardhat.html

A post was split to a new topic: HardhatConfig.networks.testnet - Expected a value of type HttpNetworkConfig