Etherscan Verify & Publish Contract Source Code

Has anyone encountered this on Etherscan when deploying a contract? "This [Contract] Similar Matches the deployed ByteCode at (address) additional source code verification (with the current user credential) is temporarily unavailable"

Maybe you deploy one contract for many times, so there is a similar one, you can try to verify one contract, I think the rest of the contract will be automatically verified.

I have never seen a message like this about credentials. Can you share a link to the contract?

It happens both on etherscan or bscscan with contracts deployed that already have a similar match.

Verifying it again with exact match worked for long time but it is now giving that error.

Trying this contract verification gives that error

Will try to reach etherscan support.

This appears to still be the case on both etherscan and polygonscan.

Interestingly, even if I prove ownership of the contract using the Verified address feature, it's still preventing me from updating code. Has anyone had any success with this?

How do I verify contact ownership in this issue

This is to avoid malicious actors performing verification with the correct constructor arguments, however injecting comments, graffiti art, and renaming files.

You need to enter a whitelist for authors to resubmit verification.

Check there https://info.etherscan.com/update-on-similar-match-contract-verification/

1 Like