This post is part of our Oracles Study Group. Take a look there to learn more about related topics.
The Compound Open Price Feed is a system to allow various sources to sign off-chain data about prices and allow any Ethereum account to move that data on-chain.1
It has a price storage contract that stores prices signed by any address, and another contract that only stores prices within an acceptable bound of the Uniswap time-weighted average price and are signed by a reporter2.
Currently, Coinbase Pro is the reporter.
- Documentation of Coinbase Pro API
- Documentation of Uniswap v2 time-weighted average prices
- [august, 2019] The Open Price Feed
- [july, 2020] Compound Open Price Feed – Uniswap Integration Audit, by OpenZeppelin
- [february, 2020] Compound Open Oracle Audit, by OpenZeppelin.
This a wiki post, we can contribute improving it