address public owner;

uint public investedDai;

function deposit(uint _amount) external {
            dai.transferFrom(msg.sender, address(this) , _amount);
            dai.approve(address(cDai),_amount);
            cDai.mint(_amount);
        }
}

I am facing a problem when calling the deposit function with parameters when testing the smart contracts. Additional information, I have forked mainnet and using the DAI whale account to make transactions.

This contract is working perfectly on RemixIDE when connected to Kovan testnet, i.e., using the tokens (DAI and cDAI) addresses on the Kovan testnet. On deploying the contract on the Kovan testnet, the contract address should be approved on the DAI contract by calling the approve(address_of_the_contract_A, allowedAmount) function before calling deposit(_amount) on contract A.

On testing the contract (after deploying and approving the smart contract's address), an error is thrown Error: VM Exception while processing transaction: reverted with reason string 'Dai/insufficient-allowance'. There is some error that I am not able to resolve. although in the test script, I am trying to mint, i.e. cDAI.mint(amount), else I am getting the error Error: Transaction reverted without a reason string.

Anyleads will be helpful. I am using Hardhat.