Best practice for using ProxyFactory.sol in a Solidity 0.6 project deploying minimal proxies?

@msolomon4 asked on Telegram

As of today, what is the best practice for using ProxyFactory.sol in a project (for deploying minimal proxies)? I see in the roadmap the plan is to migrate it to @openzeppelin/contracts, whereas it seems only @openzepplin/upgrades currently includes it but only for Solidity ^0.5.3.

I can of course copy the contract and change the pragma, but I wanted to check if there was a preferred approach I'm missing

1 Like

Hi @msolomon4,

For now the best option is to copy/paste the ProxyFactory.sol so that you can use it with Solidity 0.6 in your project.

There is an initial migration in the solc-0.6 branch. It hasn’t been tested though. Unfortunately, although the contract migration itself is quite straightforward, migrating all of the tests and setup to use Solidity 0.6 will be quite a bit more work that we don’t have the bandwidth to do at the moment.
(from: https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-sdk/issues/1463#issuecomment-614260573)

The plan is still to move the proxy contracts to OpenZeppelin Contracts.

Got it, thats the approach I’ve been going with so glad to hear it. Thanks as always @abcoathup!

1 Like