Hi everyone - v beginner questions here - pls excuse my ignorance on some seemingly basic queries (please feel free to correct me!):
I'm looking to secure a token name/code eg $TOKEN but trying to decide between minting on ERC20 or BEP20.
- Is it mandatory to go through the minting process to secure the $TOKEN name?
- I appreciate that defining the terms of the smart contract, eg supply etc, is required beforehand (and cannot be altered thereafter), so i want to make sure it get's done right.
- Whilst ERC20 is the "gold standard", minting considerations seem to be 'friendlier' on BEP20 (eg cost, speed of transactions etc?)
- I am also aware that ETH v2.0 is due soon - but will this truly make any fundamental changes to minting/transacting/speeds/costs using ERC20?
- eg if once minted on BEP20, you obviously cannot switch it to ERC20? (or can one dual-list it like coins/tokens can be listed on 2 exchanges)?
Thanks in advance