Any ERC-20 factories that have been audited?

I’m using an erc-20 factory contract from consensys for a project. Just wondering if there are any factory implementations which create OZ’s erc-20

I’m trying to understand factories more but I havent seen anything from OZ about them as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jschiarizzi,

I am not aware of any ERC20 factory contracts that have been audited. (Doesn’t mean that there aren’t any)

Is there a reason why you want to use a factory? Are you deploying multiple ERC20’s?

You could use the ERC20PresetMinterPauser contract that you could create from Truffle or OpenZeppelin CLI or Remix.

If you want low cost deployment, then you could deploy a minimal proxy to the predeployed logic contract using the CLI.

Thanks for this.

Do you have any more resources on this:

minimal proxy to the predeployed logic contract

That would still require deploying a logic contract for each instance though right? Could you explain this more please?

1 Like

Hi @jschiarizzi,

To learn more about Minimal Proxies I suggest reading the following blog post:

You deploy your logic contract once and then deploy minimal proxies as you need.
If you use the ERC20 or ERC721 Preset contracts from OpenZeppelin Contracts Ethereum Package then the logic contract is already deployed.

Let me know if you need more information. I can put together an example if you need.