What's up with SafeMoon?

Since a few weeks ago, there is a huge number of new users with questions related to Safemoon in the forum, even though OpenZeppelin has no affiliation whatsoever to Safemoon. Does anyone know why? I’m wondering if there is someone redirecting support queries about Safemoon to this forum, or if someone put up a popular tutorial about learning Solidity by forking Safemoon and suggested asking here for help.

I’m just curious about it!

3 Likes

I ask questions here because it is the only community that I see everyone helping, I could not find another place to ask for help.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying Everton! But I’m curious: why did you choose to fork SafeMoon, out of all other projects out there? Not because there’s anything wrong with it, but because all of sudden a lot of people seem to have had the same idea.

3 Likes

In my point of view, and a contract that works, from a project that worked very well, so people try to understand the mechanics, in my case, however, there are people who simply copy and paste the code and come to question how it works.
So the amount of doubts, I took the contract for studies, but many seek only to replicate.
My sincere opinion.

3 Likes

I think it is a matter of “what is in the trend right now”. Because safemoon has reflect fees mechanisms and everyone wants their token to be just as good as possible. Also it automatically add fees to LP, which can not be bad. Of course there are better documented tokens, safemoon code is hard to understand and extend, but most of the people just copy paste it anyway.
Also this is probably the only forum which actually helps their users (massive shoutout to Youshima, which I can see in almost every thread and is super helpful to everyone). I checked Binance smart chain forum and it is half chinese and half no-one responding to threads. This is the only place where to ask about solidity right now I guess.

4 Likes

I think exactly that, the only problem with the safemoon contract is that I am not getting automatic LP or token distribution. but the contract is great for studying in depth because we have to understand a lot of mechanics since it has little documentation.

2 Likes

Is the most hypoed token right now, thats all…

2 Likes

Can someone summarize the mechanics of the token?

1 Like

I think you should probably continue to their official Forum …

1 Like

Safemoon seems quite a heavy project when you look at marketing efforts.
But if you look under the hood it seems to be the next Bitconnect in my opinion.

The popularity spawns a lot of imposters, trying to capitalize on potential opportunities and create their own “pyramid scheme” with new synonyms and different rates.

Luckily for them Safemoon has provided a public smart contract template that can be easily used, even though, as you can see by the amount of questions related to it, it is not without flaws or burdens to implement correctly.

2 Likes

I was reading this article from the Ledger team just yesterday. Indeed it looks like a get-rick-quick thing, which would explain why so many people are trying to roll out their own copy of it.

3 Likes

@spalladino
What do you think of this
https://medium.com/hashex-blog/safemoon-smart-contract-audit-report-8e4b843a375d

1 Like

Went as far as the first critical, which reads:

This can mislead users who will check that owner of the contract is zero address and will think that the ownership is actually renounced. We identify this behavior as fraudulent (…)

The audit lists 2 criticals and 3 highs, and it was done in 3 days only. And the owner of the contract is an EOA instead of a multisig. I find it extremely worrying.

3 Likes