Smart Contracts For "Fractional Ownership"?

Hello, what Open Zeppelin Smart Contracts could I use in order to implement “fractional ownership”? I need to implement fractional ownership for things such as real estate.

Thank you so much for your support!

1 Like

Hi @hackingbeauty,

Welcome to the community :wave:

OpenZeppelin Contracts has implementations of ERC20, ERC777 and ERC721. An implementation of ERC1155 is in the works.

I suggest having a look at the documentation for the types of token implementations there are:
https://docs.openzeppelin.com/contracts/3.x/tokens

I haven’t looked at fractional ownership, though I assume you may be looking at creating fungible tokens per asset and potentially representing assets as non-fungible tokens.

Any solution should be appropriately tested and audited, along with any regulatory compliance.

Feel free to ask all the questions that you need.

Although as far as I know this is still a draft EIP, I think the EIP-1400 umbrella can be a good source of inspiration for the work you are doing, it’s quite a long read and has, in my opinion, a lot of complexity but it does mention compatiblity will fully-fledged EIPs like EIP20 or EIP777 which as @abcoathup said are part of the openzeppelin contracts.

Hope that helps and please share your findings - fractional ownership seems like a quite interesting concept and I would love to see what solution you end-up coming up with for your use case.

1 Like