Reset the governance tokens or quorum

Hello everyone,

TL;DR: Trying to reflect off-chain scores on-chain for a project. Considering using EIP712 signed vouchers and minting ERC20 tokens to represent voting power. However, un-updated scores disrupt quorum. Options: 1. Burn tokens before proposal creation to reset quorum. 2. Define new quorum value/strategy. Unsure if this aligns with governance extensions like ERC20votes.

Full Story: I am working on a project where I need to reflect the off-chain scores to the on-chain. The first thing that came to my mind is to do this with a EIP712 signed voucher and allow users to record their scores on-chain and send(mint) an ERC20 token to their wallet. This token will represent the amount of voting power that a user has. This needs to be done before every proposal creation so that only users who updated their scores could cast votes. But the problem is that un-updated scores (ERC20 tokens) will remain in the users' wallets and this will disrupt the quorum. Is there a way to:

1. Either burn all of the tokens that were minted before a proposal creation so that the total supply becomes zero, thus quorum gets reset as well.
  2. Somehow define a new quorum value or a new quorum strategy. But I am not sure how to do this or even if this would work with the rest of the governance extensions (ERC20votes, ERC20permit, etc).

Or maybe my approach is completely irrelevant since I actually don't need a full ERC20 token but I wanted to use it since I also want to use OZ Governance contracts.