@openzeppelin/cli CLI bug that wont let me input name on oz call

Hi,

I recently got a new bug when trying to oz call stuff. I am on @openzeppelin/cli@2.5.3.

The problem is that I want to oz call a funtion on my instance but it errors with You must provide a name parameter. Problem is it never prompts me to input parameter, but throws immediately.

I am trying to call this solidity state variable getter that automatically got generated (public) by the compiler. The state variable is of type mapping.

I also noticed that I got this Keccak bindings are not compiled. Pure JS implement... warning on my oz send-tx and oz-call commands recently. I think it wasnt there before. I switched my node versions around recently but now I am back on node --version v10.17.0

UPDATE:
Keccak bindings are not compiled..... warning gone after I rm -rf node_modules/ and npm install. However, oz CLI bug still there:

This Works:

1 Like

Hi @gitpusha,

There is an issue with providing a name parameter in the current version of the CLI.
You can work around by specifying the method name and arguments on the command line:

$ npx oz call --method "getStorage(uint256)" --args 1

This issue has been fixed and is in the 2.6 release candidate (npm install -g @openzeppelin/cli@rc).

I recommend having one question per topic if you can. It is easier for the community to answer, and for future readers to find answers.

Glad you resolved the bindings issue.

Hi @gitpusha,

I wanted to check that the above worked around your issue?