Is it possible to change the ticker in a Binance Smart Chain smart contract after it is deployed?

Is it possible to change the ticker in a Binance Smart Chain smart contract after it is deployed? For example, by writing in support of https://bscscan.com. I already wrote in support. I've been waiting for an answer for a week. Without waiting, I decided to write here.

1 Like

Sorry, I am not sure, but what do you mean for the ticker?

No, smart contracts are immutable. Unless you implemented a function that can change it before you deployed, it cannot be changed.

1 Like

And I think Etherscan use database to store data, so even though you can update your contract, maybe you also need to contact with the developer of Etherscan to update their database manually.

1 Like

This "ticker" is just a string variable (called "symbol") in token's smart contract which is usually set in the constructor.
You could have a function that allows the owner to set this variable's value to some other string.

So even if you deploy this contract, the owner would still have the power to change the token's symbol later.

1 Like

Thank you for your responses.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hey is there anyway someone can help me use a smart contract I just payed 3 bnb and it doesnt work how i want it

Yes. It is possible. You simply have a function that updates name of the ticker and after deployment, it can be executed to change the ticker/symbol name.