Introduce yourself here!

Hi :slight_smile:
My name is Paulina and I live in Lodz, Poland. For over a year I work as a smart contract developer in a start-up and I think you’re doing a great job in Zeppelin. I’m an economist by profession (a few years ago I even graduated from PhD studies but I quit writing my doctoral thesis, stating that this is not what I want to do). Then I fell in love with programming and here I am. I find a real flow in coding, finding solutions, learning new things and practising yoga.

4 Likes

Hi all! My Name is Phillip Lorenzo, I’m from San Diego (by way of Miami) and I am the Technical Writer for XYO. I also assist with smart contract development. I found ZeppelinOS after an amazing weekend at ETHDenver. Santiago and Dennison were awesome.

Looking forward to learning with you all!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Kevin and I’m using OpenZeppelin while learning to create a little crypto card game. I’m a complete beginner and finding it great fun. I live in the snowy mountains of Vermont.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Welcome Paulina! Quite the story you have there haha, did you have any formal education for programming?

Hey bud! ETHDenver was loads of fun, thanks for joining the Discourse :smile:

Glad to have ya here Kevin! Let us know if you have any questions regarding that card game :smiley:

2 Likes

@IvanTheGreatDev Not yet, but since March I’m starting post-graduate studies Information systems, applications and databases :slight_smile:
I have completed a quite hard programming Bootcamp (Javascript, React) but I have learned on my own everything connected with blockchain and smart contracts

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Getting metadata elements back to the frontend of my dapp

Hey @martriay, we recently finished up at ETHDenver and built out an mvp for SmartPiggies. You can read up on the project at SmartPiggies.com

We met with @Dennison there, and I just saw him at a meetup here in new york. The paper describes an open source standard for a peer to peer derivatives market on ethereum, free, and ready to go now. I will look to build some EVM packages for the project (as @Dennison strongly suggested :wink: )

I will shift toward that direction as we continue to develop the project. Thanks again, Toby

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Kseniya. Co-founder and software developer at Upstate Interactive. Based in LA. I’ve been working on smart contracts for almost a year now and use Zeppelin for every project. Looking for guidance and help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hello guys, this is Massimo from Switzerland.
always worked on cloud computing systems and virtualization. Since some time going deeper with truffle/embark for smart contracts. Here for sharing and exchanging
Thank you

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
My name’s Thanh-Quy Nguyen. I’m a French developer from Paris. I first started developing in Solidity about a year ago, after losing all my assets in cryptocurrencies :stuck_out_tongue:
Before that, I was a JavaScript developer, mostly in React.js and React Native, and I started to learn Solidity first on cryptozombies.io (probably one of the best tutorials ever).
They of course mentioned OpenZeppelin in that tutorial and that’s how I discovered the community, first on Slack and now here!

3 Likes

Hello Kseniya! Welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
Feel free to ask any questions in #support :smiley:

Welcome @mssmx! If you’d like to participate please do :slight_smile:

Hello! Thanks for joining! I’ve heard great things about cryptozombies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:t4: !

I’m Kevin. I’ve been a crypto nerd since 2017 and I’m currently learning the Japanese language as well as front end development. I currently work with a few companies in the space in various capacities but my work mostly consists of marketing and community management.

It’s a pleasure to meet all of you. :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Hi @kevcas nice to meet you! What brings you to the community? :slight_smile:

Hello all,
This is Akhil, full stack developer-turned-blockchain developer. Based in India-Kerala. Excited to be a part of this group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, my name is Sergei.
I am from Phoenix, AZ :snake::sun_with_face::lizard::cactus:
l first learned about OpenZeppelin when I doing a research about the implementation of smart contracts.
I am here to know more about using OpenZeppelin libraries for writing smart contracts.

1 Like

Hello Martin,

I have a question about combining OpenZeppelin libraries with custom made smart contracts.
Where is a good place to do ask?

Thank you,
Sergei

1 Like

Welcome! Thanks for joining :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey Sergei! Welcome :grin: If you have any questions feel free to ask in #support :slight_smile:

Welcome @AkhilVinayakMS! What brings you to the community?

Hello Sergei!

Hi, I’m Onyedika from Nigeria. Well I don’t have a job but am in interested in building smart contract technologies using Javascript. Heard about zeppelin on Github. It’s a pleasure to be here.

2 Likes

Welcome kasodon!! Thanks for joining :grin:
Have you used Zeppelin’s tools before?

1 Like