Introduce yourself here!

Yes. TPL protocol is very interesting, and I’ll be looking at it more closely soon.

1 Like

Hey! I’m Ian Britto.

I was in Buenos Aires until a few days ago, now in Patagonia and then Europe in march!
I’m currently a Junior Smart Contract Developer trying to get into Testing and Security.
Big fan of the Zeppelin work and its team!
Glad this forum exists, will be super useful and full of great content :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, Hadi here
I am from Indonesia, young programmer on my company, looking foward to be involve in private beta here. This maybe my stepping stone to work on blockchain related project.

4 Likes

Hello Guys!! I am Satyam Agrawal, I live in Delhi , India . I am senior solidity developer in Polymath. I want to contribute in your awesome project called zeppelinOS & TPL. Contribution sense to coding/auditing/reviewing etc… And also interested to maintain an EVM-package.

Cheers!
Satyam

3 Likes

Yeah, have few ideas, but they are not ready to be disclosured :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome Ian! What kind of content would you like to see created?
Next time you're in BA you should come visit Zeppelin's offices :slight_smile:

Welcome Hadi and Satyman! Do you know how would you like to participate of the ZEP private beta? Remember you can be either EVM package developers, EVM package users (through linking) or EVM package security reviewers. To better understand what each of these mean, I suggest you read the ZEP token mechanics working draft and ask any questions you may have in the https://forum.openzeppelin.com/t/token-mechanics-ama/89 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I’m Alejo (or fiiiu sometimes), and I fled academia some time ago to happily land at Zeppelin, where I currently lead the Research team.

I’m very happy to see people from the community already joining in here, hopefully this will bring us closer together :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, I’ll be doing an Ask Me Anything on the token mechanics of ZeppelinOS, drop by and ask some questions!

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Mudit, buidler at Polymath. I live in India and I love coding, gaming and breaking stuff. I am planning on starting my ZEP journey by reviewing or perhaps breaking some EVM packages :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@martriay sure! I’ll be visiting you guys on the first week of march :slight_smile: I’d like to see more stuff for beginners, zeppelin is such a big project now that it can be overwhelming to know where to start. I’ll be writing a guide for testing with this in mind and then hopefully moving to zos and evm.

1 Like

Welcome! That's really cool, do you have any previous experience auditing or reviewing code?

That's a great guide idea, cool work! Looking forward to meet you in person :slight_smile:

Hello all! I’m Dennison, a long time blockchainer and now I’ve joined Zeppelin for Developer Relations. I’ll be producing a lot more content here regarding ZeppelinOS and the ZEP token. I look forward to communicating with everyone here and creating materials to help get people blockchaining!

5 Likes

Hey everyone, my name is Sam Ruberti. I’m new here. I am president of GRAFFT.io, a consultancy based in NYC. I’m looking forward to contributing some more to openzeppelin-solidity!

4 Likes

do you have any previous experience auditing or reviewing code?

I have done a handful of internal audits for various Ethereum projects. I have a decent amount of hacking experience under my belt through CTFs and some personal projects :wink:. I have disclosed vulnerabilities in apps like Whatsapp in the past.

Albeit most of my hacking experience has been outside of the Ethereum ecosystem, I believe I now understand the EVM fairly well. Hacker's mindset and a strong understanding of the underlying concepts is the recipe for a good security reviewer :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, what's the best way to report issues with various EVM packages at this moment? I was looking around the tidbit oracles by levelk last weak and found an issue that I reported on their GitHub https://github.com/levelkdev/tidbit/issues/13

How are ZEP tokens supposed to connect to issues? Will issues have to be reported on ZEP platform in future?

4 Likes

Hello,
My name is Nikola.
I’m head of Blockchain & Smart Contracts R&D at 2key.network.
I’m looking forward meeting all you people here, contributing to OZ, and helping people get familiar with blockchain, smart contracts, and #DECENTRALIZE everything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Nikola! We are happy to have you here. :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any questions or information that you might need!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Glad to see so many new faces around here. I’m loving this new forum so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Fang Gong working at Ocean Protocol. We are close to deliver the main network launch in March. We are using ZeppelinOS for our production to upgrade the smart contracts. It is so great to have this forum to discuss and get connected to the community. I look forward to discussing with all of you :slight_smile:

Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Also, what’s the best way to report issues with various EVM packages at this moment? I was looking around the tidbit oracles by levelk last weak and found an issue that I reported on their GitHub https://github.com/levelkdev/tidbit/issues/13

GitHub is a good place to make the report, the LevelK team should look into it soon :slight_smile:

How are ZEP tokens supposed to connect to issues? Will issues have to be reported on ZEP platform in future?

We are still ironing out the details on how the reporting will work, but most likely we'll keep discussions on Github, while linking them from the ZEP platform.

1 Like

Hello Fang Gong! We are happy to hear that at Ocean Protocol you are using ZeppelinOS! I would be very interested to talk to you more about your experiences with ZeppelinOS and what we can do to improve!

2 Likes

Hello Community,

I am Jeff.

I have been involved with other open source communities for many years including Ubuntu Linux since 2012 and Drupal since 2009 as a Systems Administrator and Community/Knowledge Management Website Developer. Since the first version of the Ethereum Whitepaper I’ve devoted most of my spare moments to learning Ethereum, web3, Electron, Solidity, truffle, and now a long time fan of Zeppelin. I’m trying to make that transition from Admin to Developer!

I envision a token management system allowing token creation, tracking, management and transaction automation. I’m very hopeful for the EIP-777 Token system and intend to use that as a as a starting point.

Thank you for the opportunity!

1 Like