How to use the GSN?

Following the question I asked in telegram:

Hello, community,
I've been using OZ contracts for a while now and tried recently using GSN. I have successfully started a local environment and managed to try and understand how it works. However, I'm having some trouble to try doing the same on a public testnet (kovan, or rinkeby).

My main question is, is there a way for me to run a relayer using an infura public client? Because I don't have access to accounts in infura endpoints, and therefore I can never run a relayer using it. Do I must set up a parity or get to run a relayer? Or is there a way where I can run it using infura and an account of my own with enough balance..? Feel free to DM me for more information.

Andrew B Coathup answered me:

There are currently relayers running on public testnets so you don’t have to run your own

Are there any resources out there that help me through to use one of those relayers on my dapp (preference for Kovan, if possible)

Thank you all in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @quintanilha6,

Welcome to the community forum :wave:
Thanks for posting here :pray:

There are two versions of the GSN:

• GSNv1 : Use in production now (though you may want to run your own relayer on mainnet to ensure availability).

• GSNv2 : In development at OpenGSN.org.

See Doubling down on security for more details.Assuming you are just getting started and depending on your development roadmap, you could look at the upcoming improvements in GSNv2. I suggest joining the OpenGSN telegram to get the latest news on GSNv2 development and timescales.

If you haven’t already, you could go through the Building a GSN-powered DApp guide for GSNv1. This includes Moving to a Testnet

If you haven’t already, you will need to devise a strategy for which GSN relayed calls you will accept (which calls you want to pay for). See: GSN Strategies.

Please ask all the questions that you need. For questions on GSNv2 you can ask in the OpenGSN telegram.