Feature request: small improvements to defender's address book

:memo:Details

Defender's address book can get difficult to browse when you have a large list of addresses in it. A few simple UI tweaks could provide a much better experience, some suggestions:

• add a search box for easily filtering addresses
  • add sorting options (sort by alias or type)
  • add network column to the address book table
1 Like

Hey @tmigone, thanks for the suggestion.

Curious to know, how large is your address book list approximately?
This could be an easy fix on the frontend implementing the suggestions you made but that's assuming that would be performant enough to do it in the browser.

Also, what do you think the search box should look into? Name, address, network, both?

Currently, you can filter by address with the Network filter that's at the top of the page:

Looking forward to hearing more feedback, I'll create an issue around this so we can tackle it whenever we get time.

Best

Hey @ernestognw, thanks for the quick reply. My address book has about 60 addresses at the moment. I think having the search box look into all the fields would be the most flexible, but if I had to pick only one I would go with the name/alias.

I saw the network filter, using it is helping a bunch already :slight_smile:

I'll create an issue around this so we can tackle it whenever we get time.

Is this on a public repository? If so can you share it so I can keep track?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey @ernestognw, thanks for the quick reply. My address book has about 60 addresses at the moment. I think having the search box look into all the fields would be the most flexible, but if I had to pick only one I would go with the name/alias.

It's a pleasure. Then it's not that problematic to do it on the browser, in which case shouldn't be difficult to implement for both name/alias or separated.

Is this on a public repository? If so can you share it so I can keep track?

Unfortunately, it's not public since it's an issue in our private Github Repository.
Anyhow, I'd linked that issue to this forum thread, son whenever it's done, you'd hear back from us.

Best!

1 Like

Hey @tmigone,

We've just released a new version of Defender and I pushed for this change since it was an easy fix, it's now available on every address book, so please go and take a look, we'd love to hear your comments.

Best!

1 Like

hey @ernestognw that's amazing! It's exactly what I was looking for, going to help a lot. Thank you for the quick turnaround!

1 Like

Happy to hear good comments!

No problem, let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve Defender.

1 Like