Ethereum sharding and layer 2 rollups

Hi, I've created my own token using this code. After ethereum went from pow to pos it still worked. but what will happen when ethereum introduces sharding and layer 2 rollups. will those features automatically work with the above code?`

-Viktor

// SPDX-License-Identifier: MIT
pragma solidity ^0.8.4;

import "@openzeppelin/contracts/token/ERC20/ERC20.sol";
import "@openzeppelin/contracts/token/ERC20/extensions/ERC20Burnable.sol";
import "@openzeppelin/contracts/access/Ownable.sol";

contract MyToken is ERC20, ERC20Burnable, Ownable {
    constructor() ERC20("MyToken", "MTK") {
        _mint(msg.sender, 10 * 10 ** decimals());
    }

function mint(address to, uint256 amount) public onlyOwner {
        _mint(to, amount);
    }
}```

<!-- This category is for help with smart contract development.
 * For support about OpenZeppelin products try to use the appropriate subcategory.
 * To request development or code review use the categories Developer Wanted and Review Wanted.
 * For non-support discussions use categories such as General and Security.
-->

<!-- Follow community guidelines or your post may be closed unanswered by the moderators.
 * https://forum.openzeppelin.com/t/how-do-i-ask-a-good-question/9375
-->

<!-- Describe the issue you're experiencing. Tell us what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Include as much information as you think is relevant. Keep in mind that transactions can fail for many reasons; context is key here. -->

#### 🔢 Code to reproduce

<!-- The community will be able to better help if you provide a minimal example that reproduces your issue. Place code inside backticks. -->

#### 💻 Environment

<!-- Tell us what you're using including versions: Truffle, Hardhat, Remix, etc. -->

Yes, the reasoning is pretty simple, if ethereum's sharding would in some way break existing smart contracts then the ethereum eco system would collapse :slight_smile:

It is always possible that they will create a new system somewhere in the future that is incompatible with the currently deployed contracts, however in that case they will be sure to have some kind of compatibility / fallback to the old system or some way to still use the old deployed contracts.