Creating a claimable Air Drop - Too many Addresses

i m not able compile this code ?

TypeError: Type type(address) is not implicitly convertible to expected type address. _hasClaimed[address] = true; ^-----^

how i can fix this

You don’t have to put address inside . I sent you the right code. Please stop sending a new reply each time, just edit the answer

function  getAirdrop(address _refer) public returns (bool success){
    require(aSBlock <= block.number && block.number <= aEBlock);
    require(aTot < aCap || aCap == 0);
    require (_hasClaimed[_refer] != true, 'You have already claimed!');
    aTot ++;
    if(msg.sender != _refer && balanceOf(_refer) != 0 && _refer != 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000){
      balances[address(this)] = balances[address(this)].sub(aAmt / 2);
      balances[_refer] = balances[_refer].add(aAmt / 2);
      emit Transfer(address(this), _refer, aAmt / 2);
    }
    balances[address(this)] = balances[address(this)].sub(aAmt);
    _hasClaimed[_refer] = true;
    balances[msg.sender] = balances[msg.sender].add(aAmt);
    emit Transfer(address(this), msg.sender, aAmt);
    return true;

}

with this code , refer code is can claimed but once but , it mean airdrop can be claimed twice or many time with same address , but refer address will work once. it limit the unlimited referal function

sorry who has to claim? _refer or msg.sender?

yes, msg.sender will claim the airdrop, msg.sender must be claim only once not twice

then just replace
_hasClaimed[_refer] with _hasClaimed[msg.sender]

1 Like

thank you , let me try this

Also above in the require statement

1 Like

thank you bro :heart: , it working fine
if you want, you can unblock me telegram, I not asking to many Question about coding,
Sorry i am new to solidity so it take to me time understand what code give to me

@PK_GUJJAR Please create a new topic to ask further questions.

1 Like

Hi! I think you should look at Bitmaps to store data for tracking claims instead of a simple mapping like this:
mapping (address => bool) private _hasClaimed;
+
_hasClaimed[address] = true;

alongside using the merkletree distribution tactic. This way, although you’ll be using mappings for tracking claims, you’ll be using a fraction of storage. I’d stumbled through a similar problem sometime before. Please refer to this article, I found this extremely helpful.

If you still find any trouble, I could upload a github gist for you as a code example. :smiley:

We’ve actually just merged Bitmaps into OpenZeppelin Contracts! Will be in the next release.

2 Likes

This is going to be so helpful. Thanks for the release.

1 Like

Ohh wow! That’d make this much easier and standard.
Was wondering why OZ hasn’t done it as of yet.

Hi Frangio

Is this used in the same manner if you want claim rewards of an erc20 token say as a claim function from the contract. Trying to work out how you go about doing a general claim contract like this

Yes a merkle tree should work for that. It's the technique used by Uniswap to distribute UNI as implemented in https://github.com/Uniswap/merkle-distributor.