Contributing to Contracts: How to build json artifacts?

I’m trying to contribute to the OZ project some new functionality in ERC165. However, my tests are failing and I believe this is because the json abi files in the artifacts directory are out of date. I’ve done a compile and these are not regenerated automatically. I’ve looked through the package.json file and can’t see any scripts that generate this. What is the workflow here for regenerating these files?

Thanks

1 Like

ok, this can be ignored, they’re generated automatically. reason i couldnt see the change is because my function was market “internal” instead of “public” so wasnt showing up in the ABI. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hi @spizzy,

Welcome to the community :wave:

Thanks for wanting to contribute to OpenZeppelin open source. :pray:

I recommend creating an issue first to discuss the idea before writing any code or submitting a Pull Request, so we can go through the design beforehand. We don’t want you to waste your time!

Ok, I’ve just done that here: https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-contracts/issues/2429

I’m writing the code anyway so no time has been wasted if it doesnt end up in this codebase but i’m sure it will save at least one other person some time, so may as well get it in!

1 Like

Hi @spizzy,

Thanks for creating the issue :pray: