Connecting-to-public-test-networks Migration EIP155 error

:wave: New here, following the amazing tutorials in the learn section got this error when migrating my first contract on Rinkeby testnet:

Deploying 'Migrations'
   ----------------------

Error:  *** Deployment Failed ***

"Migrations" -- Unable to decode sender address from transaction: Incompatible EIP155-based V 38 and chain id 4. See the Common parameter of the Transaction constructor to set the chain id..

:computer: Environment

Truffle v5.3.4

:memo:Details

:1234: Code to reproduce

npx truffle migrate --network rinkeby

Wondering if I am doing something wrong and what to do to get it right…

Thanks!

Hello Tigrecode,

Does your contract compile? When you migrate to rinkeby, do you have the correct API key?

1 Like

Hi @Yoshiko ! Thank you for answering

The compilation step runs smoothly, I could test the contract locally. Also, the Alchemy API seems to be working fine, I had sucess connecting with “npx truffle console --network rinkeby” and funding the test account.

Here is the full response I am getting:

$ npx truffle migrate --network rinkeby

Compiling your contracts...
===========================
> Everything is up to date, there is nothing to compile.

Starting migrations...
======================
> Network name:    'rinkeby'
> Network id:      4
> Block gas limit: 10003745 (0x98a521)

1_initial_migration.js
======================

Deploying 'Migrations'
   ----------------------

Error:  *** Deployment Failed ***

"Migrations" -- Unable to decode sender address from transaction: Incompatible EIP155-based V 38 and chain id 4. See the Common parameter of the Transaction constructor to set the chain id..

at /home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/deployer/src/deployment.js:365:1
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
    at Migration._deploy (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/Migration.js:74:1)
    at Migration._load (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/Migration.js:61:1)
    at Migration.run (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/Migration.js:212:1)
    at Object.runMigrations (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/index.js:150:1)
    at Object.runFrom (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/index.js:110:1)
    at Object.run (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/migrate/index.js:87:1)
    at runMigrations (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/core/lib/commands/migrate.js:263:1)
    at Object.run (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/core/lib/commands/migrate.js:228:1)
    at Command.run (/home/tigrecode/code/node_modules/truffle/build/webpack:/packages/core/lib/command.js:140:1)
Truffle v5.3.4 (core: 5.3.4)
Node v14.16.1

This may be a question for truffle support. I don’t use truffle so it’s really hard to give assistance. If you get a solution from truffle support, please update us. https://www.trufflesuite.com/community

1 Like

After trying with Infura and getting some errors found a turn around with the Infura community that worked for AlchemyAPI also. The solution was downgrade to @truffle/hdwallet-provider@1.2.2 and everything worked! Thanks for the atention @Yoshiko ! :slight_smile:

1 Like